Friday, January 8, 2016

Introduction Due on January 6

Introduction Due on January 6

What is your year in school and major?
I am a junior majoring in Mathematics

Which post-calculus math courses have you taken?  (Use names or BYU course numbers.)
112,113,313,314,334,290,341,344,345,320,321(acme junior year first semester)

Why are you taking this class?  (Be specific.)
Requirement for graduation.  and to become more proficient in analysis proofs

Tell me about the math professor or teacher you have had who was the most and/or least effective.
What did s/he do that worked so well/poorly?
Least effective was Dr. Bell--I stopped attending and taught myself.  Didn't have structured lesson plans and was hard to follow his train of thought.
Most effective was Dr. Jarvis--Helped clarify small details and made complex theorems clear and concise.

Write something interesting or unique about yourself.
I am a father of 4 children, and studying to become a seminary teacher.  I ahve had two internships as an object-oriented programmer, and have another this coming summer with Intermountain Healthcare.

If you are unable to come to my scheduled office hours or the TA's scheduled office hours, what times would work for you?
I have cs 235 at the same time that office hours are held.  I can attend office hours anytime Tuesday/Thursday, or MWF: before class any time, or after 4pm.

No comments: