Thursday, February 4, 2016

4.2 Due February 5

Difficult))
Theorem 4.5 seems like a long and excruciating process to solve by hand the solution fo finding the form of the GCD such that GCD = f(x)u(x) + g(x)v(x)...

I'm also strugging to visualize what 1F is in terms of a polynomial.  It looks like it's just a way of describing the coefficient as unitary, but I thought it was that the whole polynomial has coefficients of 1, but that doesn't make any sence now that I think about it.

Reflective))
I love that all of the properties of rings and fields commute to rings of polynomials and fields of polynomials including the GCD, the euclidean alrogithm, division algorithm and divisors.

This is amazing, and so much fun to work with polynomials.  I always feared doing long division before because I never really understood the process or background and context, but this class is really helping me to fill in the gaps in my understanding and experience of math!!!

No comments: