Saturday, February 27, 2016

6.3 Due February 29

Difficult)))   (aside from doing homework on the weekend with 4 kids...when I already have a career job and have no more desire to do school...no offense to rings theory)

<<COPY AND PASTE BLOG FROM 1.3>>  then add to it some random blah about maximals as ideals.

R/M is a field iff M is a maximal ideal of a commutative ring with identity.  I enjoyed reading through the proof to understand how it worked.

Reflective)))
The most difficult concept in this reading section is the understanding of the definitions of the divisor, and the application points of prime numbers.  I had to do a few simple example problems to convince myself of the fact of the Fundamental theorem of Arithmetic to verify that the statement was true.  It helped to notice that the definition of p being prime is true if and only if -p is also prime!

I really enjoy the Euclidian algorithm, and using it to find (a,b) or the greatest common divisor.  It is also very useful in knowing and applying understanding for prime numbers.  I'm excited to use these concept to describe modular arithmetic and building on these principles.

No comments: