Friday, February 12, 2016

5.1 Due February 16

DIFFICULT)))
corollary 5.5 was horribly confusing to me!!!!!!!
I understand that the properties of Zn are analogous to F[x] and was able to see and follow the analogue clear enough, until this corollary.  I fail to follow the proof and am struggling to see how the set S is able to form a unique form of a polynomial while at the same time having only n distinct equivalence classes.  for instance, the example that there are infinitely many distinct congruence classes of R[x]/(x^2 + 1)  but in Zn we have n distinct congruence classes...?????
ok...nevermind.  I read through more examples, and now understand why R[x]/f(x) has infinitely many equivalence classes.


Reflective)))
This reading was slow...I'm so excited to be graduating soon, and for summer internships and freedom from tests and homework!!!  I'm struggling to enjoy reading about equivalence classes and polynomial fields and then trying to create a reflexive comment on the reading...it all made sense, and I'm going to read it again the day it will be presented, and I'll reflect then on what is important to remember for a test...so next time I'll probably write something useful in this section.

No comments: