Thursday, March 24, 2016

7.7 Due March 24

Difficult)))
Quotient Group.  Fun new definition that I will need to play around with to really get a good grasp on the context.

I did not get the operation in example at the top of page 218 the first time.
I had to try the operation to verify that (Mr1)(Mh)=Md.  I thought that the coset elements are multiplied, but no it's the operator on the coset that forms the product.

Example  on top of page 219 I follow the example, but at the end of the example there is a brief explanation on the fact that Z not being an ideal of Q makes Q/Z not a quotient group...???
WHAT????  ^
Oh...my bad...YES a quoteient group...but not a Quotient ring.  DUH..




Reflective)))
Na=Nc and Nb=Nd => that Nab=Ncd
also theorem 7.36 is a good reminder of rings and ideals and their properties.

No comments: